Opioid and Substance Use Disorder Advisory Group
Governor Brad Little signed Executive Order 2019-09 on June 13, 2019 creating the Opioid and Substance Use Disorder Advisory Group chaired by the Administrator of the Office of Drug Policy. The group will research, evaluate, and provide the Governor recommendations on streamlining prevention and recovery activities, providing efficiency in battling opioid and substance abuse, and eliminating duplicative efforts to more efficiently and effectively fight this epidemic.
The next Governor’s Opioid and Substance Use Disorder Advisory Group meeting is scheduled to take place virtually via Zoom on Wednesday, August 12, 2020.
Zoom login information is available for members of the public and published in the agenda below.
Please email your name to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00am on August 12, 2020 to sign-up for public comment.
- A representative of the Department of Health and Welfare — Dave Jeppesen, Director
- A representative of the Idaho Board of Medicine — Anne Lawler, Executive Director
- A representative of the Idaho Board of Dentistry — Susan Miller, Executive Director
- A representative of the Board of Pharmacy — Nicki Chopski, Executive Director
- A representative of the Department of Correction — Josh Tewalt, Director
- A representative of Idaho State Police — Colonel Ked Wills
- A representative of the Division of Veterans Services — Marv Hagedorn, Administrator
- A representative of the State Department of Education — Dr. Eric Studebaker, Director, Student Engagement and Postsecondary Readiness
- A member of the Idaho House of Representatives — Representative Mike Kingsley
- A member of the Idaho Senate — Senator Abby Lee
- A member of the judiciary — The Hon. Michael Tribe, 5th Judicial District
- A county sheriff — Rick Henry, Madison County
- A county prosecutor — Daniel Clark, Bonneville County
- A city police chief — James Fry, Moscow
- A representative from the Idaho Indian Tribes — Helo Hancock, CEO Marimn Health, Coeur d’Alene Tribe
- A representative of the medical community — Dr. Neil Ragan, HealthWest ISU Community Health Center
- A representative of the hospital community — Benjamin Smalley, CEO, Cassia Regional Medical Center
- A representative of the pharmacy community — Dr. Brandon Smith, Buhl Drug
- A representative of the treatment community — Janice Fulkerson, Director of Contracting and Community Relations, Northpoint Recovery
- A representative of the insurance community — Dr. Edward McEachern, Chief Medical Officer PacificSource
- US Attorney for Idaho or Designee — Bart Davis
April 8, 2020 — Conference Call Only
February 12, 2020
December 11, 2019
October 9, 2019 Meeting
August 15, 2019 Meeting
Submit Your Ideas
Have ideas or feedback for the Advisory Group? Please submit for consideration.