- NEW : SPF SIG Needs Assessment Webinar is scheduled for:
- September 16, 2014 – 10am-11am MST
- Call in #888-706-6468 - Participant code: 8543045
- Join Meeting
- NEW : SABG Regional Grant Data Entry Training is schedule:
- September 24, 2014 - 1:00pm-3:00pm MST
- Region III - Caldwell Dept H&W Training Room
- New Drug Trends
- Underage Drinking Prevention
- Prescription Drop-offs
- Medical Marijuana
- Underage Drinking Research
- Turning 18 in Idaho [pdf]
2014 Legislative Session
- House Bill 396 - Prescription Monitoring Program
This legislation is to require prescribers of controlled substances, except veterinarians, to register with the Controlled Substances Prescription Database, otherwise known as the prescription monitoring program or "PMP," upon registration and annual renewal. There is no cost to register. Effective: 7/1/14
- Senate Bill 1224- Behavioral Health Services
This legislation will integrate the Regional Advisory Committees (advisory to the substance abuse system) and the Regional Mental Health Boards (advisory to the mental health system) into a single entity, called the Regional Behavioral Health Board (RBHB), which can accept responsibility for the support services missing under a payer driven system. It will expand the State Behavioral Health on Mental health to be the State Planning Council on Substance Abuse. This legislation will better describe the role of the State Behavioral Health Authority, DHW's Behavioral health Division, and correctly describe the role of the Regional Mental Health programs.
The ongoing funds for the RBHB will be through contracts for the arrangement and delivery of support services from DHW and other system partners. By creating the RBHB as a governmental entity, they will also be able to apply for grants and other funding opportunities. DHW also intends to provide $45,000 annually to each RBHB for a total of $315,000 to be used for base funding for operations of the RBHBs. Effective 7/1/14
- House Bill349- Uniformed Controlled Substances
Amends existing law to revise the lists of Schedule III and IV Uniform Controlled Substances. Effictive 7/1/14
- BeTheParents.org, a new site to help equip parents and those who care about youth with strategies and resources to eliminate underage drinking in our state.
- Medical Marijuana in Idaho, Learn the facts.