FIND A PERMANENT PRESCRIPTION DRUG DISPOSAL LOCATION NEAR YOU
Help keep our communities safe and healthy by properly disposing of your old medication at a permanent prescription drug disposal location near you. If you do not see a local disposal location listed for your county, call your local police department or sheriff’s office. Some departments will informally accept your unused and expired medications. Sharps, IV tubing and infectious waste are not accepted.
Order Free Prescription Misuse Prevention Materials
Individuals or organizations can also order free Regional Permanent Prescription Drug Take Back Location Rack Cards and other Opioid Misuse Prevention Materials from the Idaho Regional Alcohol Drug Awareness Resource (RADAR) Center.
Additional Prescription Disposal Resources
State and national resources to help you properly dispose of medication if you do not have access to a year-round prescription drug disposal location.
- City of Boise – Disposal of Medication, Needles, and Syringes
- Idaho Harm Reduction Project Safe Sharps Disposal
- DEA – Drug Disposal Information
- EPA – How to Dispose of Medicines Properly
- FDA – Guidelines on How to Dispose of Unused Medicines
- CDC – Tips for Safe Storage and Disposal of Prescription Medication
- Safe Drug Disposal: A Guide for Communities Seeking Solutions
- Get Smart About Drugs: A DEA Resource for Parents, Educators & Caregivers