COVID-19 & Beyond
ODP partnered with the Boise State University Institute for the Study of Behavioral Health and Addiction to create the COVID-19 and Beyond, an educational series that provides information and tools to support parents as they navigate the ongoing pandemic.
Family Dinner Night
Eating together regularly as a family is one of the best ways to build and maintain strong relationships with your children. Frequent family dinners are linked to positive benefits for youth, including lower rates of substance use, decreased stress, higher self-esteem, and better academic performance in school.
Be the Parents
Be The Parents is Idaho’s underage drinking prevention campaign that provides parents with the information, tools, and resources they need to help prevent their child from using alcohol.
Visit BeTheParents.org for information, tips, and examples of youth who have found their alcohol-free passion.
- The Partnership for Drug Free Kids
- National Institute on Drug Abuse, Parent Resources
- National Institute on Drug Abuse: Marijuana: Facts Parents Need to Know
- “Talk, they hear you – Underage Drinking Prevention Campaign by Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- National Institute on Drug Abuse for Teens
- SAMHSA Tips for Teens Fact Sheets (by substance)